Spring Programme for courses beginning January an onwards at Bearwood Community Centre.
Courses are accredited City & Guilds qualifications (levels below). Learners attend the course and undergo independent study and coursework to achieve the qualification.
Eligibility: Be resident in Dorset, 16+ and unemployed, or 19+ and earning £17k or below; must also be legally resident in the UK and able to work.
QUICK VIEW of COURSES:
Childcare / Working with Children
- Caring for Children (L1) – An introduction to working with young children in an early years setting, a course that gives the learner an idea of what to expect in these types of roles.
- Support work in Schools (L2) – Aimed at those wanting to begin, or develop their employment in support work roles in educational settings or working with young people
English / Language
- English Skills (L1) – Suitable for anyone who has not been in formal education for a while and needs a confidence boost with their literacy skills. No pre-entry requirements for this course but learners must have some literacy skills to be able to do the course. Not suitable for someone looking to learn English as a second language.
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) – An informal course for people of other languages than English to improve their skills in speaking and listening in English for daily practical use.
Management Skills & Own Businesses
- Extended Award in Employability Skills (Business Start Up – L2) – An introduction to starting up a business – a course for someone who is considering this as an option or is in the very early stages. Modules covered: Time Management, Developing your USP, Product/ Service Delivery & Targeting.
- Leadership & Team Skills (L2)- From ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management, this course is great for anyone who has some experience in leading a team and wants to develop their skills or for those looking to enhance their CV and looking to move into a senior role or responsibility.
This are real-time courses i.e. not online; they take place in community settings in a small groups to allow for social-distancing (venue information on flyer).
If you have any questions or need further information about the programme please do not hesitate to contact me on 07776 960 019 or firstname.lastname@example.org